Friday, February 1, 2008

Nice to "Meet" You

Serenia,

Welcome aboard! I am not sure how excited you are to be doing a blog with a college student that you have never met before, but let me be the first to say, this is going to be enjoyable. It is great to have this opportunity to work with you on reading and to help shape your views of what it means to be a reader. I have never been a reader, but I missed out. You don't want to miss out. I just started reading this past year, and it has changed my life. I know you are sitting there thinking, "this girl must be crazy if she likes reading!" Let me just say that I was in your desk not so long ago, and I know how you feel. People don't think it is cool to read at your age, but it will help you so much. It helps me relax and get my mind off things. So with that being said, let's jump right in!

I have so many questions. What do you like to do for fun? Do you watch any tv or listen to music? Do you like sports? What do you enjoy reading? What would you like to learn about me?

You can find a great deal of information about me in the section labeled "about me" , and I have attached some pictures for you to view so you can get to know me better. I will attach things for the next several weeks for you to check out. I am very excited to work with you and hope I can be of some help!

7 comments:

serenia said...

hey.my name is serenia.im reading a great book called burning up.but its nice to meet you.

Jaci Raike said...

Serenia,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Everything with these blogs has been really confusing. I will have to get that book. How much have you read? Are you enjoying it? Do you enjoy reading?

Anonymous said...

yea i enjoy reading.sorry i havent been on for ever our class was doin a big project.i did mine on the london tower bridge.in my book im on page 170 i have had this book for a long time.but it a great book.well talk to you later.
serenia

Anonymous said...

hey im going the to take test on the book tomorrow even if im not finisged with my book.well ttyl

Anonymous said...

hey i took the test on the book and got 6 out of ten but now im readin harry potter and the prisner of azkaban.it seems like a great book.we i gess i will talk to you later or when you write me back.

serenia

Anonymous said...

Hi it's serenia.Im now reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling and Whatever Happened to Janie? by caroline b.cooney.but srry i havent been on 2 talk to ya.but it's the second semester and so my secduial changed so now i have heath in stead of study hall.but i can talk to you in class now.well i will talk to you later some time.

Anonymous said...

hey it's serenia again.you need some tips for next year if you are a mentor again you should probably talk to you student.you probaly have better things to do but it only takes like 2 minutes to write a message.and next time don't be all that cheerful.it makes you seem like you hyper or something all the time.but other than that have a nice summer and i dont no what else to say so good-bye....

your friend:
serenia